Saturday, February 9, 2013

Introduction

Bonjour,
My name is Emma Cleveland and I am a senior at Ithaca High School. My Dream is to go to Parsons in NYC and then spend a year in Paris, where I would like to intern at a Couture House. This year in English, through a class called WISE, students are allowed to choose a subject that interests them and spend half the school year working on their project.

The project that I have chosen is to create a garment while using couture sewing techniques. What I love about Couture is the craftsmanship and the beauty every piece holds within it. Although my garment will be far from Couture I would love to experiment with these techniques so I will become more knowledgable about the time and effort spent to create them.

In this blog I hope to show my process in creating the garment(s) and also everything that inspires me. This could include photographs of seams that I have sewn and then also fashion directly on the runway.

-Emma Clementina


P.S. If I have time I might attempt to make shoes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment